Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Classroom Decorating: Day Twelve...Behavior Plan

My behavior plan is always one of the last things I create. I've always done the cards system, where each student has their own set of cards and they pull a card if they misbehave. Last year, my class decided that we should have something to earn if we behave really well, so we added frog sticks if you were caught doing something good. This worked VERY well...my sweeties were always changing to earn a frog! But I still didn't like using the cards. I wanted something that the kids to visually see, so I made this system. 
Please look over the clothespins that do not match. This bothers me TERRIBLY and I even brought them home so I can attach names to cover them up rather than just writing on them! 

Okay, here's the explanation for this system. I saw something sort of like this on Pinterest, where the colors were put in a line and I like that idea. We start out on purple. If you're caught doing something really good, you get to move up to Fabulous Pink (Ms. Leslie Ann's favorite color, of course!) Blue is an informal warning...nothing is sent home, but the child has to move their pin. I added this last year when I still did the cards and it helped out a ton! Before, I had way too many kids pulling to yellow for little things. After the informal warning, they move to yellow (straight face is sent home with a note explaining why), then red (sad face is sent home with note explaining why AND time is taken away at free centers on Fridays). Each color sheet has a message on it, which we will go over the first day.




Hopefully this will work better! I have high hopes!! :)

I told myself that I wouldn't go out to the classroom today since it's my last day of vacation, but I was in a working mood so I went out for just a little bit. I relabeled my book bins in the cubbies using the green polka dotted name plates.


And I made the sign for out my door. It kept having a glare on the laminated paper when I tried taking a pic, so I had to turn off the hall light, which made for an odd picture quality...  :)


It's back to work tomorrow! 


18 comments:

  1. I love the signs for the clip chart! Those are cute...especially love the one that says, "it's all good"...did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new behavior plan, I have been looking for something like that. I saw the one on pinterest. Did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I need details...LOL..yes I blog stalking at 2:45 am....I am checking out the picture of your door....is that the wall painted? OMG...Are others in your school? I might have to share this pic (if you have more please share) as I work in an OLD school, and keep trying to convince the boss we need to liven up the hallways...:) Feel free to email me :) LOVE THIS....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get those graphics? They are too cute. I love the way you worded your chart, really sweet and I like being positive. (Especially since some days I am cranky too!) Thanks for giving us a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you adapted the clip chart sayings-perfect! Would you share your clip chart with us blog stalkers? Your room looks great-take a breather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your door and room look so colorful and engaging! I really like your behavior chart - especially that you can go UP it and not always down. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the wall with the birds/tweet..it is really cute!!! Your behavior system looks great as well. I also saw something similar to that on Pinterest! I was thinking about doing something like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your door and wall look so beautiful! Did you paint the wall yourself or was that a mural that was already in your school that you incorporated? Either way it looks FABULOUS! I love the little birdies!


    wisewittyteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get the darling clip art children that you used on the behavior charts?

    ps - your room is DARLING!!!

    cjgeorge5@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this behavior plan! I was looking for a new system this year and this is just perfect!! Would you mind telling me where you got the clip art?!? Also, what do you mean by they get to earn frogs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your room! I would love that chart....you have me wanting to make one for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You hallway and door are too cute! Crazy question for you...what paper did you use to make the birds different colors/patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I love your classroom decor! The colors are awesome...all my favorite ones! :) Thanks for sharing your great ideas! :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel really old reading this! Your behavior system is from Lee Canter's book Assertive Discipline. I had that training in the early 90's! (see? Old!) you are very blessed to work in a school where you can still use something like that! Your classroom is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your door is so cute!! Did you have a theme for your classroom?

    Miss J
    Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where did you get your book bins from?
    -Lovely Nina

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am curious how did you put those kind of fonts on your focus wall, etc... do you write yourself or ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know this is an old post, but do you still use this clip chart system? How did/do you like it? I started using the clip chart last year, but I moved to Class Dojo. I like the parent connection with Class Dojo, but I like the immediate reward/consequence with the clip chart. I don't know what I'll use this coming year. :/ Lol

    -Carrie
    First Grade with Ms. Dawley

    ReplyDelete